PHI 105 Week 4 Persuasive Essay Outline Worksheet
Complete the Persuasive Essay: Outline Worksheet.
Review the grading checklist for this assignment at the end of the worksheet to ensure
Persuasive Essay: Outline Worksheet
Review “How Do I Organize My Brainstorm into an Outline?” in “The Writing Process” Media piece.
Use the Persuasive Essay Outline on the next page to outline your persuasive essay by completing the following:
- Use the feedback you received from your instructor to revise your thesis statement.
- Write your thesis as a complete sentence (as you would in your essay) in the “Thesis Sentence” section under the Introductory Paragraph heading in the outline below.
- Create a topic sentence for each of the three paragraphs that comprise the body of your essay.
- Record the topic sentences in each of the “Topic Sentence” sections under the “Support for Thesis” headings in the outline below.
- Your topic sentences should support your thesis and provide transitions between the paragraphs.
- Write at least three details for each topic sentence.
- These details should provide support for the topic sentence. (Review the example outline below)
- Remember to include at least one in-text citation for each supporting paragraph.
- Write a concluding sentence under the “Conclusion” heading in the outline below.
- Your concluding sentence should be your thesis restated in different words.
Persuasive Essay Outline
Additional lead-in Information:
Support for Thesis 1
Support for Thesis 2
Support for Thesis 3
Paraphrase thesis statement (restated in different words):
Summarize main points:
In the space below, list all resources used in alphabetical order by author’s last name. Later in the class when you write the paper, you will use this list to create your formal reference page.
Persuasive essay writing process:
References and Citation help:
Consider the following criteria when developing the outline for your essay. These criteria will be applied when this assignment is graded.
- Outline contains a thesis statement.
- Outline contains a topic sentence for each of the three paragraphs of the body of the essay.
- Transitions between paragraphs are evident and appropriate.
- Contains three details for each topic sentence; details provide support of the related topic sentence.
- Included in-text citations and references.
- Outline contains concluding sentence, which restates the thesis in different words.