MGT 420 Benchmark Assignment Human Resources and Change
The major responsibilities of human resources management are attracting, developing, and maintaining a quality workforce.
Review the RSPS (Rancho Solano) case study (SEE ATTACHMENT) Recall that the board of directors at RSPS has hired you as part of a consulting team to review the situation and present your findings and recommendations. Refresh your memory on the issues in the K-12 sector in general, as well as in the case of RSPS in particular, by reading the case study again. Your next task is to identify three subsystems that are in need of change in RSPS, as well as the people (human resources) you would “attract, develop, and maintain” in order to effectively implement change.
Based on the RSPS case, you will choose one subsystem to change and write a 1,250-1,500 word paper in which you address the following questions that pertain to the major human resource management responsibilities and to change management. Strengthen your recommendations by showing how your proposed changes are working in another successful organization. In your comparison, consider referring to successful private, charter, or public schools in Arizona. A list of recommended websites and articles is provided at the end of this document for use in conjunction with this assignment.
Address then following in your paper:
- What one major organizational subsystem needs to be changed in RSPS? Justify your choice. How does it compare to any of the successful private, charter, or public schools in Arizona?
- How will the subsystem change affect the two other subsystems within RSPS that you have identified and how will you realign the total system?
- Identify and explain how you would ensure that the proposed change will satisfy any three stakeholders of RSPS?
- How should RSPS attract, develop, and maintain the workforce required to bring about your proposed change?
- Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about attracting a quality workforce to support the change: human resource planning, recruitment, or selection.
- Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about developing a quality workforce to support the change: employee orientation, training and development, or performance appraisal.
- Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about maintaining a quality workforce to support the change: career development, work-life balance, compensation and benefits, employee retention and turnover, or labor-management relations.
Integrate a faith-based or worldview-based component in the paper and make a clear connection on how it informs the groups’ management practices. (NOTE: Individuals all have a worldview, and that worldview influences their decisions, values, and perceptions. It also affects how they manage people, or think they should be managed. For this assignment, this requirement relates to your worldview, not of RSPS.
Include at least four academic references to support your position. One of them should directly relate to the company discussed in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
THIS PAPER WILL BE CHECKED FOR PLAGARISM…PAPER HAS TO BE 100% ORIGINAL
Recommended Websites and Articles:
Lists of Private Schools in Arizona:
14 Most Expensive Private Schools in Metro Phoenix. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2014/09/17/arizona-phoenix-expensive-private-schools/15736007/ Best Private High Schools in Arizona. https://k12.niche.com/rankings/private-high-schools/best-overall/s/arizona/
Lists of Charter and Public Schools in Arizona:
Best High Schools in Arizona. http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/arizona Phoenix School. http://www.greatschools.org/arizona/phoenix/ Top 10 Arizona companies: Private schools. http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2014/06/28/top-10-arizona-companies-private-schools/11366935/
Articles: Subsystems/Schools as Subsystems:
“What Are Organizational Subsystems?” by Kokemuller. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/organizational-subsystems-41735.html “Social Organization and Schools: A General Systems Theory Perspective,” by Bowen. http://www.uncssp.org/publications/Bowen%20social%20Organizations%20and%20Schools%202006.pdf “Educational Systems and Development and Its Relationship to ISD,” by Reigeluth. Chapter 6 in Instructional Technology: Past Present and Future (2nd ed., 1995), by Anglin (Ed.). http://www.indiana.edu/~syschang/decatur/reigeluth_pubs/documents/74_esd_relation_to_isd.pdf